DIY fashion meets function this summer…
Bow front tops are a perfect pick for summer festivals and even to find some relief during summer heat waves. Did you know that you can easily transform your long sleeve button down top into a DIY front bow top? For this style hack post, I am sharing how to easily create a bow front top, along with sharing my favorite visor hats from around the web. Put these two pieces together to create a festive summer look.
To create your own bow front top, start with any loose fitting button down shirt.
- Drape the unbuttoned top off your shoulders
- Grasp the bottom of the shirt and begin to tie the ends of the shirt together.
- Pull the tie tightly until it creates a look similar to triangle cups, like in the picture below.
4. Once you achieve the desired shape, finish tying the bow tie to secure the top.
5. If the top has extra ties, like the shirt in this post, pull the ties around your waist and tie them in the front to create another accent.
I completed this look with my straw visor, purchased here. A straw sun visor is one of my summer essentials. I rounded up my favorite summer straw sun visors from around the web and here are my top picks.
I hope you enjoyed this post and learned some new ways to style your tops for summer! Subscribe to my newsletter to receive regular fashion and style inspiration.